Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Persuasive Speeches

LI: Write a Speech that persuades others to think the way you do

Why we should littering to stop immediately





Bula, my name is Sela. Would you like it if our beautiful Aotearoa looked like a garbage dump? If not today I’ll explain why we should put littering to an end immediately. I think that many people should start thinking about how we are treating our environment if we do this our environment will be a very clean area and all our hard work, trying to achieve this goal will finally pay off. If people keep on littering wherever they go they are showing that they don't care about keeping our land clean.



Littering in New Zealand is quite common in some areas, especially on the streets of big cities and towns were there is a big population. New Zealand people are known to take pleasure in their ‘clean green’ part and challenge any littering in their beaches , waterways and forest


Littering is unpleasant to look at and smells disgusting. It also 


can cause disease and attracts pests like rats and cockroaches which is not good for our environment and health. 


When people litter they are being inconsiderate of our environment and all the animals and birds that live in it as well.
Another reason why we should be putting a stop to littering is because animals and birds end up dying .Do want to know how and why? Usually birds come across it and mistake the rubbish for food, eat and then sadly die because of the plastics that blocking their throats.


Another reason why we should put a stop to littering at the beach or sea side is because it affects sea life.Plastic bags are not biodegradable so when sea turtles and other marine creatures mistake plastics and other garbage as food (such as jellyfish) they eat it and eventually die because the plastics causes blockages within their digestive system. It's really sad that these kinds of things are happening just by being inconsiderate.

I can see that we have tried to make things better now, when I go for a walk to the park I see less rubbish, I think people are doing a really good job putting their rubbish in the bin and the public rubbish bins rather than littering . We can also help our environment by taking our rubbish with us when we use our beaches or parks
Our rubbish producing hasn't changed but our littering has actually changed a lot in most areas of New Zealand. That is a huge change I have seen that there is less rubbish on the streets.We can also help our environment by taking our rubbish with us when we use our beaches or parks.



If you agree that we should stop littering , from now on, try your best not to litter and if you see any of your family members littering tell them that it's not the right thing to do.

For three weeks ,In writing we have been writing speeches that tries to persuade and convince others to think the way that I do.
When we had finished our speeches we had shared our speeches some shared to the whole class and others to a small group of three.
I had shared mine to a group and at first felt a little bit nervous sharing my speech , then when I had finally started I felt more confident  saying speech and at the end I was really happy with the feed back that I had gotten  from my group.
Something that I think that I need to improve is my that I need to add more expression to speech and try my best to have more eye contact when saying my speech.


No comments:

Post a Comment