Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Made in Taiwan


Hi Nathan and Oscar, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed watching the Made in Taiwan documentary. What I found interesting was the way everything in the journey somehow was connected to each other in the  tradition, culture and sometimes language another thing that I found intriguing was the way the Taiwanese people have similarities with Maori people. What I learned was that most of the Polynesian or Pacific Islands are somehow all related to each-other in either their language, traditional and cultural things.


Something else that I found fascinating was how they discovered that the Takitimu Canoe had set sail from Rarotonga in the Cook Islands to arrive in Mahia which is part of New Zealand.

What I really liked about this Documentary was the way Nathan and Oscar were so determined to go on this journey in order to find where they truly originated form.

  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sela,

    I liked how you talked about the parts that you found interesting, and talked about the similarities between all these culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Sela, I too found it interesting how there are so many similarities between Taiwanese culture and other Polynesian cultures. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete